Washington State Dept of Natural Resources Olympic Region Engineer-WMS Band 1
Recruitment # 2014-10-7171-10282 – Open Until Filled
Salary Range: $4,842 – $6,257 per month with a comprehensive benefit package including retirement
Located in the beautiful, scenic town of Forks, Washington.
As the registered professional engineer for the Region, the Region Engineer reports to the State Lands Assistant Region Manager and is responsible for the engineering program in Olympic Region. This includes forest road maintenance, fish passage improvement, managing rock resources, heavy equipment crew supervision, right of way and easement supervision and engineering standards. They represent the Departments interests to private operators, business, government officials, and the public where there are complex and sensitive issues, providing input and recommending actions. They are responsible for both professional and technical staff including hiring, training, and disciplinary action. The position is accountable for achieving all program deliverables, developing region program standards, planning and coordinating with appropriate region program/district leads regarding program implementation and resolution of issues.
* Education: Bachelor of Science degree in civil or forest engineering from an accredited college/university. Must have at least ten (10) years of engineering field experience in road structure design, construction, and compliance.
* Recommending program guidelines and procedures
* Two years of supervisory experience
* Natural resource engineering design
* Budgets, grants and funding
* Competent with computer software, including word processing and spreadsheets; project planning and oversight.
* Familiar with multiple forestry tools and systems including equipment and applications that enhance field productivity
* (GPS, GIS, and modeling systems).
* Effective communications and interpersonal skills
* Strong skills in relationship-building and teamwork
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
* Professional engineering license with forest engineering or civil engineering discipline.
* This position requires driving as an essential function. Essential means that driving is a fundamental, crucial part of this position and not a marginal function. Employees who drive for state business, whether in a state or privately-owned vehicle, are required to possess a valid license as defined in policy PO02-006 and abide by all other driver responsibility requirements.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND HOW TO APPLY, CLICK HERE.
Questions? Please contact Drew Rosanbalm at firstname.lastname@example.org or e-mail us at DNRrecruiting@dnr.wa.gov.