Concordia University Department of Geography, Planning and Environment Extended Term Appointment (ETA) in Geospatial Technologieshttp://www.geog.uvic.ca/dept/cag/jobs.htm#L1104
The Department of Geography, Planning and Environment at Concordia
University invites applications for an Extended Term Appointment
(ETA) in Geospatial Technologies. The candidate should be a great
teacher and have a completed, or near completed, PhD in geography or
a closely-related field with a strong interest in GIS and emerging
forms of geospatial technologies. The successful candidate will have
three primary responsibilities: (1) To teach six technology-oriented
courses per year; (2) To serve as the resource person for a growing
number of students and faculty requiring assistance with geospatial
technologies; and (3) To develop and administer an annual Summer GIS
course. Given the pedagogical focus of this position, the successful
candidate will not be expected to have an active research agenda.
Applications must consist of a cover letter, current curriculum
vitae, statement of research achievements and plans, and evidence of
teaching effectiveness. Candidates must also arrange to have three
letters of reference sent directly to the departmental contact:
Dr. Monica E. Mulrennan
Chair, Department of Geography, Planning and Environment
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3G 1M8
This position is subject to budgetary approval and need, and is
full-time, normally at the rank of Lecturer beginning August 1,
2015. Under the provisions of the current CUFA Collective Agreement,
individuals are initially appointed for a three-year period with the
possibility of re-appointment in accordance with CUFA articles 12.04
d) and 14.11.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue
until the positions are filled. Applications should reach the
department no later than April 1st, 2015. All inquiries about the
position should be directed to Dr. Monica Mulrennan.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian
citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.
Concordia University is committed to employment equity.
- RT @yourdistinctive: Today is #SquirrelAppreciationDay, dont forget about the other 364 days 🐿️ & our other #wildlife friends 🐾🦉🦅🦆🐘🐅🐬🐳🐞🦋🐝🦌… 15 hours ago
- RT @washingtonpost: Interior Department banned from Twitter after retweet of smaller-than-usual Trump inauguration crowd https://t.co/LqPEc… 22 hours ago
- RT @rschott: With @Interior accounts, including @USGS, banned from @Twitter, this would be a very bad time for a natural disaster to befall… 22 hours ago
- @Mark_SmithW @glacio_cook @bedform Ah ok - thanks! 22 hours ago
- @glacio_cook quick question for BSG ECR grant - do you know what is meant by started academic career? Is that post-doc, or lecturer pos? 1 day ago
- [ECOLOG-L] NEON Job Opening-D03-FL Field Technician I- Instrumentation (Limnology secondary emphasis)
- [Met-jobs] Job Vacancy – Postdoctoral position in Regional Earth System Modeling at UCLA
- [Caglist] Visiting Fellowship – University of Otago
- [Met-jobs] Tenure-track Faculty Position at the University of Arizona (USA)
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Faculty Position in Earth, Ocean and Environmental Sciences education
- 33,423 hits