Concordia University Department of Geography, Planning and Environment Extended Term Appointment (ETA) in Geospatial Technologieshttp://www.geog.uvic.ca/dept/cag/jobs.htm#L1104
The Department of Geography, Planning and Environment at Concordia
University invites applications for an Extended Term Appointment
(ETA) in Geospatial Technologies. The candidate should be a great
teacher and have a completed, or near completed, PhD in geography or
a closely-related field with a strong interest in GIS and emerging
forms of geospatial technologies. The successful candidate will have
three primary responsibilities: (1) To teach six technology-oriented
courses per year; (2) To serve as the resource person for a growing
number of students and faculty requiring assistance with geospatial
technologies; and (3) To develop and administer an annual Summer GIS
course. Given the pedagogical focus of this position, the successful
candidate will not be expected to have an active research agenda.
Applications must consist of a cover letter, current curriculum
vitae, statement of research achievements and plans, and evidence of
teaching effectiveness. Candidates must also arrange to have three
letters of reference sent directly to the departmental contact:
Dr. Monica E. Mulrennan
Chair, Department of Geography, Planning and Environment
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3G 1M8
This position is subject to budgetary approval and need, and is
full-time, normally at the rank of Lecturer beginning August 1,
2015. Under the provisions of the current CUFA Collective Agreement,
individuals are initially appointed for a three-year period with the
possibility of re-appointment in accordance with CUFA articles 12.04
d) and 14.11.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue
until the positions are filled. Applications should reach the
department no later than April 1st, 2015. All inquiries about the
position should be directed to Dr. Monica Mulrennan.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian
citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.
Concordia University is committed to employment equity.
- RT @SimonDadson: New job opportunity @oxfordgeography using satellites and machine learning to understand E African hydrology: https://t.co… 13 hours ago
- RT @DrAeolus: Q on equipment buying for items >$25K How long does it take from submitting purchase order -> company getting purchase order,… 1 day ago
- @WaterSHEDLab Perhaps I should have specified that time is from a request for PO with all supporting documentation,… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- @WaterSHEDLab You would think so... Bids collected & letter of justification, all in system. Uni goes & repeats wor… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Q on equipment buying for items >$25K How long does it take from submitting purchase order -> company getting purchase order, at your Uni? 1 day ago
- [Met-jobs] 4 lectureships at Imperial College, London
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Assistant Professor, Surface Hydrology, Washington University in St. Louis
- [ES_JOBS_NET] POSTDOCTORAL SCHOLAR – ATMOSPHERIC CHEMISTRY DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE, POLICY & MANAGEMENT
- Tenure-track Assistant Professor in Quaternary Climate Change
- Post Doc in Mining Impacts at the University of Pittsburgh
- 37,033 hits
Blogs I Follow