Concordia University Department of Geography, Planning and Environment Extended Term Appointment (ETA) in Geospatial Technologieshttp://www.geog.uvic.ca/dept/cag/jobs.htm#L1104
The Department of Geography, Planning and Environment at Concordia
University invites applications for an Extended Term Appointment
(ETA) in Geospatial Technologies. The candidate should be a great
teacher and have a completed, or near completed, PhD in geography or
a closely-related field with a strong interest in GIS and emerging
forms of geospatial technologies. The successful candidate will have
three primary responsibilities: (1) To teach six technology-oriented
courses per year; (2) To serve as the resource person for a growing
number of students and faculty requiring assistance with geospatial
technologies; and (3) To develop and administer an annual Summer GIS
course. Given the pedagogical focus of this position, the successful
candidate will not be expected to have an active research agenda.
Applications must consist of a cover letter, current curriculum
vitae, statement of research achievements and plans, and evidence of
teaching effectiveness. Candidates must also arrange to have three
letters of reference sent directly to the departmental contact:
Dr. Monica E. Mulrennan
Chair, Department of Geography, Planning and Environment
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. W.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3G 1M8
This position is subject to budgetary approval and need, and is
full-time, normally at the rank of Lecturer beginning August 1,
2015. Under the provisions of the current CUFA Collective Agreement,
individuals are initially appointed for a three-year period with the
possibility of re-appointment in accordance with CUFA articles 12.04
d) and 14.11.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue
until the positions are filled. Applications should reach the
department no later than April 1st, 2015. All inquiries about the
position should be directed to Dr. Monica Mulrennan.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian
citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority.
Concordia University is committed to employment equity.
- [Met-jobs] Research Engineer in Aerosol Data Assimilation
- [Met-jobs] Postdoc @ JRC in the field of terrestrial ecosystems in Arctic and Boreal regions
- [Met-jobs] UNSW Scientia PhD Scholarship – cycling of oceanic heat
- [Met-jobs] Postdoctoral Research Position: Exploitation of new Biomass Burning Earth Observation Datasets
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Air Resources Engineers (2 positions), Sacramento, CA in Office of Community Air Protection (Air Quality Data Analysis, Policy, Modeling, Source Attribution)
- 55,205 hits
- View for the next week! #France #Med #Grimaud https://t.co/2srZBxU1ruTweeted 1 day ago
- European workcation begins now! #sendhelp https://t.co/A7oEZ1bKtSTweeted 3 days ago
- RT @DustStormNews: Parajuli and Zender, AEOLIA: Projected changes in dust emissions and regional air quality due to the shrinking Salton Se…Tweeted 5 days ago
- Storms a comin' https://t.co/Uz72XS9xidTweeted 1 week ago
- RT @tomgillpredicts: Jackson et al., Remote Sens.: Using an Instrumented Drone to Probe Dust Devils on Oregon’s Alvord Desert https://t.co…Tweeted 1 week ago
Blogs I Follow