Purdue University –- Stable Isotope Specialist
The successful candidate will maintain the Purdue Stable Isotope (PSI) facility, including mass spectrometers, peripheral devices, and optical gas analyzers. Assist users of these instruments, conduct routine functions in support of lab quality assurance efforts. Coordinate the daily operation of the facility. Coordinate and analyze samples for internal and external collaborators.
• Bachelor’s degree in Analytical Chemistry, Instrumental Chemistry, or related physical, biological science, or engineering field.
• Minimum of one year of experience as an employee or student researcher in an analytical chemical laboratory.
• Knowledge of analytical chromatography, light isotope ratio mass spectrometry (IRMS) and optical gas analyzers (e.g. LGR analyzers).
• Quantitative chemical and data analysis skills.
• Fluent with PC operating systems, Microsoft Office.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to lift and carry 25 to 50 pounds frequently and up to 60 pounds occasionally.
• Experience with database systems.
• Master’s degree or PhD in a related field.
• Experience with analytical chromatography, light isotope ratio mass spectrometry (IRMS), and optical gas analyzers.
• Skills with Web page updating.
• Some programming skills (e.g. C++, Matlab, or R).
A background check will be required for employment in this position.
For consideration submit resume and apply online for this staff position at:http://ift.tt/1eWYT96 (optional more direct link to the career section:http://ift.tt/1FstL20 ) and reference Job Number 1500995. For more information about the position, contact Lisa Welp, email@example.com.
Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. (For print ads only, this last line can be shortened to: EOE/Vet/Disabled)