The School of Geography Science at the Nanjing Normal University is seeking outstanding applicants to fill 8-10 faculty positions at the ranks of associate professors or full professors with a specialty in one of the following areas:
1. Geographic Information System (GIS)
2. Climatology and Paleoclimatology
3. Physical geography and human geography
4. Physical oceangraphy
5. Environmental Sciences
The successful candidate will be expected to
1. develop and maintain an externally-funded and extraordinary research program;
2. contribute to undergraduate and graduate curricula, and mentor graduate and undergraduate students
3. participate in research development with internal and external collaborators across disciplines
4. communicate research results through publication in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at scientific meetings.
The applicants must have a Ph.D. in an appropriate discipline by the date of the appointment.
The applicants must provide evidence of independent research capabilities, the ability to develop and sustain high-quality research program, and the ability to secure external funding.
Competitive startup packages will be offered to successful candidates, including relocation fee, startup research funding, and annual salary commensurate with position and qualifications. The school will also provide an excellent benefit package, such as health insurances, housing, and convenience of elementary school educations.
The School of Geography Science at Nanjing Normal University is a worldwide famous geography program, and is ranked among the top 3 in China. The school consists of 8 departments, 189 faculty members, 13 master degree programs and 7 doctoral degree programs. Now, the total funding at the school is over ¥100 million. The school also includes several key laboratories, such as Key Laboratory of Virtual Geographic Environment of Ministry of Education and Jiangsu Center for Collaborative Innovation in Geographical Information Resource Development and Application. The faculties, research associates, and students at the school are conducting cutting edge research in numerous areas of geography science, with several papers published on top journals Science and Nature in recent years.
Applicants should send the required documents:
1. CV including publication lists
2. Research and teaching statements
3. A list of at least three references
Ms. Xia Chen (email@example.com) and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please contact Dr. Guoan Tang, Dean of the School of Geography Science, at email@example.com and +86-025-85891826.
Consideration of candidates will continue until the positions are filled. Nanjing Normal University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.