Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Oxford, Department of Economics
Applications are invited for a post-doctoral researcher with a background in climate science to contribute to empirically modelling the interaction between human activity and climate change using modern econometric methods. The post is due to start on 1 October
2015 or as soon as possible thereafter. The post is full-time for the duration of the project (3 years).
The post-holder will be a member of a research network working independently to carry out research for the project â€˜Understanding the interaction of human activity and climate change: empirical modelling of energy balance systemsâ€™ in collaboration with the
Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) funded by the Robertson Foundation. The post-holder will contribute to the research on empirically modelling the interaction between human activity and climate change.
The post-holder will hold a relevant PhD/DPhil in Climatology, Physics, Geoscience, or a related discipline. The post-holder will possess a demonstrated interest in statistics/econometrics and economics, along with an ability to work in an inter-disciplinary
environment collaborating with researchers spanning multiple fields from economics to climate science. The post-holder will also have experience of using statistical software, such as R, Ox, Matlab, Python.
Applications should include a CV, a supporting statement, together with the names and contact details of three referees.To apply:
Please see the Further Particulars for more information.
For further information and to apply for this position, please go to: http://ift.tt/1FNf2u3: 12:10 Thu, 30 Jul 2015Salary: Grade 7: Â£30,434 – Â£37,394 p.a.
For informal inquiries about the position please contact David F Hendry (email@example.com) and Felix Pretis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- [Met-jobs] PhD student Opportunities at University of Saskatchewan, Canada
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Tenure-Track Assistant Professor of Marine Biology
- [Met-jobs] Position at JBA Risk Management Limited
- [Met-jobs] 3 year Postdoc position in Atmospheric Science at TU Delft, the Netherlands
- [ES_JOBS_NET] PhD positions at University of Wollongong Australia: Tackling Atmospheric Chemistry Grand Challenges in the Southern Hemisphere
- 55,341 hits
- View for the next week! #France #Med #Grimaud https://t.co/2srZBxU1ruTweeted 3 days ago
- European workcation begins now! #sendhelp https://t.co/A7oEZ1bKtSTweeted 5 days ago
- RT @DustStormNews: Parajuli and Zender, AEOLIA: Projected changes in dust emissions and regional air quality due to the shrinking Salton Se…Tweeted 6 days ago
- Storms a comin' https://t.co/Uz72XS9xidTweeted 1 week ago
- RT @tomgillpredicts: Jackson et al., Remote Sens.: Using an Instrumented Drone to Probe Dust Devils on Oregon’s Alvord Desert https://t.co…Tweeted 1 week ago
Blogs I Follow