Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Oxford, Department of Economics
Applications are invited for a post-doctoral researcher with a background in climate science to contribute to empirically modelling the interaction between human activity and climate change using modern econometric methods. The post is due to start on 1 October
2015 or as soon as possible thereafter. The post is full-time for the duration of the project (3 years).
The post-holder will be a member of a research network working independently to carry out research for the project â€˜Understanding the interaction of human activity and climate change: empirical modelling of energy balance systemsâ€™ in collaboration with the
Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) funded by the Robertson Foundation. The post-holder will contribute to the research on empirically modelling the interaction between human activity and climate change.
The post-holder will hold a relevant PhD/DPhil in Climatology, Physics, Geoscience, or a related discipline. The post-holder will possess a demonstrated interest in statistics/econometrics and economics, along with an ability to work in an inter-disciplinary
environment collaborating with researchers spanning multiple fields from economics to climate science. The post-holder will also have experience of using statistical software, such as R, Ox, Matlab, Python.
Applications should include a CV, a supporting statement, together with the names and contact details of three referees.To apply:
Please see the Further Particulars for more information.
For further information and to apply for this position, please go to: http://ift.tt/1FNf2u3: 12:10 Thu, 30 Jul 2015Salary: Grade 7: Â£30,434 – Â£37,394 p.a.
For informal inquiries about the position please contact David F Hendry (email@example.com) and Felix Pretis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- [GilbertClub] Reminder: assistant prof position in geohazards and Earth surf dynamics
- Ph.D. students needed for research project entitled, “Linking stream network process models to robust data management systems for the purpose of land-use decision support “
- PhD and MS positions: arid-land riparian ecology and tree-ring research at SUNY-ESF
- Postdoc fellowship
- [Met-jobs] Tenure-track Faculty Position at University of Colorado-Denver (USA)
- 42,950 hits
- Come see my poster today at lunch on the effects of a retreating glacier on dust emissions at #AGU17 PP21C-1281… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Tweeted 2 days ago
- Today come join us in the treehouse for the dusty sessions and out in the poster hall all day #AGU17 twitter.com/TLS_Queen/stat…Tweeted 2 days ago
- RT @FutureEarth: See a full list of #AGU17 events from @PAGES_IPO. Don't miss out on ground-breaking science on Earth's past climate condit…Tweeted 2 days ago
- After a morning at #AGU17 looks like I will get my exercise this week going between sessions!Tweeted 3 days ago
- Huge appreciation for previous family AGU goers! Doing my first this year; Aready exhausted after just the travelling + tourist day.Tweeted 3 days ago
Blogs I Follow