Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Oxford, Department of Economics
Applications are invited for a post-doctoral researcher with a background in climate science to contribute to empirically modelling the interaction between human activity and climate change using modern econometric methods. The post is due to start on 1 October
2015 or as soon as possible thereafter. The post is full-time for the duration of the project (3 years).
The post-holder will be a member of a research network working independently to carry out research for the project â€˜Understanding the interaction of human activity and climate change: empirical modelling of energy balance systemsâ€™ in collaboration with the
Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) funded by the Robertson Foundation. The post-holder will contribute to the research on empirically modelling the interaction between human activity and climate change.
The post-holder will hold a relevant PhD/DPhil in Climatology, Physics, Geoscience, or a related discipline. The post-holder will possess a demonstrated interest in statistics/econometrics and economics, along with an ability to work in an inter-disciplinary
environment collaborating with researchers spanning multiple fields from economics to climate science. The post-holder will also have experience of using statistical software, such as R, Ox, Matlab, Python.
Applications should include a CV, a supporting statement, together with the names and contact details of three referees.To apply:
Please see the Further Particulars for more information.
For further information and to apply for this position, please go to: http://ift.tt/1FNf2u3: 12:10 Thu, 30 Jul 2015Salary: Grade 7: Â£30,434 – Â£37,394 p.a.
For informal inquiries about the position please contact David F Hendry (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Felix Pretis (email@example.com).
- [ES_JOBS_NET] HEINZ POSTDOCTORAL WATER SCHOLAR, University of Pittsburgh
- [ES_JOBS_NET] PhD opportunity
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Hydroclimatologist position available in Alberta, Canada
- [Met-jobs] Postdoctoral Researcher – Snow Remote Sensing and Modeling over Land
- [Met-jobs] PhD positions in Atmospheric Physics and Chemistry at the University of Bremen (GER)
- 38,577 hits
- RT @EarthSci_Jobs: #jobs ift.tt/2fnWTQu [ES_JOBS_NET] Hydroclimatologist position available in Alberta, CanadaTweeted 42 minutes ago
- RT @Ryan_Wichman: Wow. Here is a 360 degree view of the algae bloom in downtown Toledo. Health advisory in place. roundme.com/tour/200123/vi… @…Tweeted 17 hours ago
- RT @EarthArXiv: Hey y'all! Like design and our plans for @eartharxiv? Then get involved by helping us design a new logo! Pretty, pretty ple…Tweeted 19 hours ago
- RT @tectonictweets: #MinCup QF1: this is a massive tie. One of your cup favourites will be eliminated. Its OLIVINE vs GARNET. You've 24hrs…Tweeted 19 hours ago
- RT @Volcanologist: New job alert! Lectureship at Hull in Geology jobs.hull.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?r…Tweeted 19 hours ago
Blogs I Follow