Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Oxford, Department of Economics
Applications are invited for a post-doctoral researcher with a background in climate science to contribute to empirically modelling the interaction between human activity and climate change using modern econometric methods. The post is due to start on 1 October
2015 or as soon as possible thereafter. The post is full-time for the duration of the project (3 years).
The post-holder will be a member of a research network working independently to carry out research for the project â€˜Understanding the interaction of human activity and climate change: empirical modelling of energy balance systemsâ€™ in collaboration with the
Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) funded by the Robertson Foundation. The post-holder will contribute to the research on empirically modelling the interaction between human activity and climate change.
The post-holder will hold a relevant PhD/DPhil in Climatology, Physics, Geoscience, or a related discipline. The post-holder will possess a demonstrated interest in statistics/econometrics and economics, along with an ability to work in an inter-disciplinary
environment collaborating with researchers spanning multiple fields from economics to climate science. The post-holder will also have experience of using statistical software, such as R, Ox, Matlab, Python.
Applications should include a CV, a supporting statement, together with the names and contact details of three referees.To apply:
Please see the Further Particulars for more information.
For further information and to apply for this position, please go to: http://ift.tt/1FNf2u3: 12:10 Thu, 30 Jul 2015Salary: Grade 7: Â£30,434 – Â£37,394 p.a.
For informal inquiries about the position please contact David F Hendry (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Felix Pretis (email@example.com).
- Patrick Saylor: Denali ice core with sub millimeter resolution (seasonal) for the last 1500 year record (corr w loc… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 8 hours ago
- Bess Koffman discussing synthetic circulation recorded by dust in the Siple Dome ice core and a abrupt shift in the… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 8 hours ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2rzAN5n [ES_JOBS_NET] 3 Lecturer Positions Geology/Env. Science – SUNY Plattsburgh Center for Earth and Environmenta… 10 hours ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2qfJjlZ 2x Lectureships in Physical Geography – University of Liverpool 10 hours ago
- RT @HLCCD: Wrapping up the session, we are in Patagonia with James Hopper looking at fertilisation of the southern ocean #hlccd https://t.c… 11 hours ago
- [ES_JOBS_NET] 3 Lecturer Positions Geology/Env. Science – SUNY Plattsburgh Center for Earth and Environmental Science
- 2x Lectureships in Physical Geography – University of Liverpool
- [Caglist] McGill University, Computational Landscape Ecology Lab: Funded PhD Position Available
- Postdoctoral Position in Ecogeomorphology of Mountain River Archetypes in California
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Wind Resource Characterization Lead Researcher, NREL, Colorado
- 35,931 hits
Blogs I Follow