Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Oxford, Department of Economics
Applications are invited for a post-doctoral researcher with a background in climate science to contribute to empirically modelling the interaction between human activity and climate change using modern econometric methods. The post is due to start on 1 October
2015 or as soon as possible thereafter. The post is full-time for the duration of the project (3 years).
The post-holder will be a member of a research network working independently to carry out research for the project â€˜Understanding the interaction of human activity and climate change: empirical modelling of energy balance systemsâ€™ in collaboration with the
Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) funded by the Robertson Foundation. The post-holder will contribute to the research on empirically modelling the interaction between human activity and climate change.
The post-holder will hold a relevant PhD/DPhil in Climatology, Physics, Geoscience, or a related discipline. The post-holder will possess a demonstrated interest in statistics/econometrics and economics, along with an ability to work in an inter-disciplinary
environment collaborating with researchers spanning multiple fields from economics to climate science. The post-holder will also have experience of using statistical software, such as R, Ox, Matlab, Python.
Applications should include a CV, a supporting statement, together with the names and contact details of three referees.To apply:
Please see the Further Particulars for more information.
For further information and to apply for this position, please go to: http://ift.tt/1FNf2u3: 12:10 Thu, 30 Jul 2015Salary: Grade 7: Â£30,434 – Â£37,394 p.a.
For informal inquiries about the position please contact David F Hendry (email@example.com) and Felix Pretis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- [Fluxnet-Community] PhD position: Changing land-‐atmosphere interactions at the southern limit of permafrost distribution in the northwestern Canadian boreal zone (start: September 2018)
- [ES_JOBS_NET] postdoctoral scientists in Oceanography, NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS)
- [ES_JOBS_NET] postdoctoral research scientists, Climate Modeling and Analysis Group at the Lamont Doherty Earth Observatory, Columbia University
- [Caglist] Doreen Boyd’s work on detecting slavery from space
- [Met-jobs] Phd Thesis offer at LaMP (France)
- 50,173 hits
- RT @weatherdak: Whoaaaaa. Zoomed-in view of convection bubbling up across Ecuador this evening. https://t.co/fRBNGykUF8Tweeted 6 hours ago
- It is amazing how long it takes to generate a good figure! Based on almost 70 yrs of lake level data & climate data… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Tweeted 20 hours ago
- The additional rhetorical questions generated from what seems like a quite unbelievable programming oversight below… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Tweeted 20 hours ago
- RT @INQUA_PALCOM: PALCOM is now on twitter. Please follow us for the latest news and updates for the #INQUA #palaeoclimate commission. @INQ…Tweeted 2 days ago
- RT @severeweatherEU: Ever seen anything like this? Intense inversion and thick smog over Almaty city, Kazakhstan (Jan 12, 2014). Photo: Igo…Tweeted 2 days ago
Blogs I Follow