Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Oxford, Department of Economics
Applications are invited for a post-doctoral researcher with a background in climate science to contribute to empirically modelling the interaction between human activity and climate change using modern econometric methods. The post is due to start on 1 October
2015 or as soon as possible thereafter. The post is full-time for the duration of the project (3 years).
The post-holder will be a member of a research network working independently to carry out research for the project â€˜Understanding the interaction of human activity and climate change: empirical modelling of energy balance systemsâ€™ in collaboration with the
Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) funded by the Robertson Foundation. The post-holder will contribute to the research on empirically modelling the interaction between human activity and climate change.
The post-holder will hold a relevant PhD/DPhil in Climatology, Physics, Geoscience, or a related discipline. The post-holder will possess a demonstrated interest in statistics/econometrics and economics, along with an ability to work in an inter-disciplinary
environment collaborating with researchers spanning multiple fields from economics to climate science. The post-holder will also have experience of using statistical software, such as R, Ox, Matlab, Python.
Applications should include a CV, a supporting statement, together with the names and contact details of three referees.To apply:
Please see the Further Particulars for more information.
For further information and to apply for this position, please go to: http://ift.tt/1FNf2u3: 12:10 Thu, 30 Jul 2015Salary: Grade 7: Â£30,434 – Â£37,394 p.a.
For informal inquiries about the position please contact David F Hendry (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Felix Pretis (email@example.com).
- RT @DrGaryHaq: Filthy air' prompts 'very high' pollution alert for London bbc.com/news/uk-englan… #breathelife 1 day ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2kfSGPh [ES_JOBS_NET] Professor and Chair Position in Geological and Atmospheric Sciences, Iowa State University 1 day ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2iS3d78 [ES_JOBS_NET] Postdoctoral Research Associate in Isotope Geochemistry, University of Washington 1 day ago
- RT @yourdistinctive: Today is #SquirrelAppreciationDay, dont forget about the other 364 days 🐿️ & our other #wildlife friends 🐾🦉🦅🦆🐘🐅🐬🐳🐞🦋🐝🦌… 3 days ago
- RT @washingtonpost: Interior Department banned from Twitter after retweet of smaller-than-usual Trump inauguration crowd https://t.co/LqPEc… 3 days ago
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Professor and Chair Position in Geological and Atmospheric Sciences, Iowa State University
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Postdoctoral Research Associate in Isotope Geochemistry, University of Washington
- [ECOLOG-L] NEON Job Opening-D03-FL Field Technician I- Instrumentation (Limnology secondary emphasis)
- [Met-jobs] Job Vacancy – Postdoctoral position in Regional Earth System Modeling at UCLA
- [Caglist] Visiting Fellowship – University of Otago
- 33,474 hits