Position Name: Team Leader and Air Quality Modelling Expert
Deadline for application: 10/09/2015
Project Title: “Technical Assistance for improvement of air quality in metropolitan cities in Turkey (in line with CAFE – The Clean Air for Europe Programme-Directive)”.
Duty Station: Ankara
Starting date of the project: The intended start date is December 2015
Duration of the assignment: 30 months. Key Experts should spend at least 85% of the time in Turkey.
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the air quality policies in Turkey, in compliance with the EU acquis. Particularly, to support national emission management system in line with CAFE Directive which determines air quality values with bottom-up approach in metropolitan cities of Turkey.
Results to be achieved during the project include:
– Increasing the emission inventory reporting capacity together with local data in line with EU Directives.
– Increasing modeling capacity of stakeholders
– Capacity building to combat air pollution
– Increasing public (i.e. citizens, NGOs, students) awareness for air quality.
Qualifications and skills:
– Bachelor’s degree. In the absence of such a degree, at least 15 years of working experience in the field of environment.
– Good command of written and spoken English
– Masters and/or PhD degree in the field of environment will be an asset
– General professional experience
– At least 10 years of general professional experience in the field of environment
– Experience as a team leader and/or managerial position in at least 2 projects
– Specific professional experience
– Preferably 4 years but minimum 1 year of experience in running air quality modelling
– Experience in least 1 project related with “EU Ambient Air Quality and Cleaner Air for Europe Directive (2008/50/EC)”, preferably in application and/or transposition air quality assessment and management according to the requirements of this regulation
– Experience in preparing at least 3 clean air action plans (national or regional or local level)
– Experience in emission abatement scenarios and/or emission inventory will be an asset.
Applications and updated CV should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.