There is an opening for a post-doc position at the Physical Oceanography
department at CICESE, in Ensenada / Baja California Mexico.
We need a motivated young scientist, willing to contribute to the
modelling team on a major national project in the Gulf of Mexico. Research
subjects cover a broad spectrum, from data assimilation and climatological
model runs to biogeochemical modelling.
Previous experience with the ROMS ocean model is highly desirable. The
position is initially for 1 year, with possible extension depending on
performance. Tentative starting date is January 2016 (negotiable).
– PhD. in Physical Oceanography or equivalent;
– Experience running and/or analyzing the outputs of oceanic
– Proven good communication skills (written and spoken) in English.
– Experience with the ROMS model
– Experience with data assimilation and/or biogeochemical modelling.
– Be able to work/communicate in Spanish.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Julio Sheinbaum (firstname.lastname@example.org);
Dr. Joao Marcos A C Souza (email@example.com); or
Dr. Alejandro Pares Sierra (firstname.lastname@example.org)