*TENURE TRACK POSITION IN HYDROLOGY/SURFACE PROCESSES*
The Department of Geological Sciences at
Indiana University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position
in hydrology or surface processes at the rank of Assistant Professor.
Applicants’ areas of research expertise may include, but are not limited
to: fluid processes within the critical zone, surface and groundwater flow,
catchment-scale hydrology, landscape evolution, physical surface processes
on earth and other planets, tectonic geomorphology, computational modeling
in any of these fields and the study of their connections to global
climate. We seek individuals whose research complements one or more of our
strengths in sedimentation and stratigraphy, near-surface processes and
environmental geosciences, geophysics and tectonics, geochemistry, and
atmospheric sciences. Our departmental research and teaching resources
include a premiere Geologic Field Station
and the instrumented Willow Creek Watershed
in Montana, extensive
analytical instrumentation, GIS and remote sensing facilities, coupled with
exceptional campus infrastructure for high performance computin
g, and engagement with the Integrated
Program for the Environment . Successful
candidates, who must hold a PhD degree by the time of appointment, are
expected to develop a strong, collaborative, externally funded program, to
supervise research by graduate and undergraduate students, and to teach
both undergraduate and graduate courses in their fields of expertise.
Please submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, statements of teaching
and research interests, the names and email addresses of three individuals
willing to provide reference letters, and electronic copies of up to five
relevant publications. General inquiries should be addressed to email@example.com and specific questions should be referred to the
Chair of the Search Committee, Professor Simon Brassell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications should be completed online via http://ift.tt/1eGrqyF.
Review of applications will begin November 1, 2015, and continue until the
position is filled.
Indiana University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer;
women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
- [Fluxnet-Community] Professorship open in University of Helsinki on Biogeochemical Cycles (ICOS)
- [Fluxnet-Community] Postdoc Opportunity Minnesota
- [Caglist] Nominations for Board CFHSS
- Fwd: [Forsoils] FW: Ph.D Assistantship Available at University of Missouri
- Fwd: Oregon State FERM Department Head Announcement
- 45,924 hits
- RT @SanGasso: so what is #highlatitudedust? here you can find out about it, current outstanding questions and more eos.org/meeting-report……Tweeted 3 hours ago
- RT @okayafrica: In honor of @HughMasekela's legendary life & career, here are 9 of our favorite songs (in no particular order). 🙏🏿 RIP #Hug…Tweeted 3 hours ago
- RT @jscarto: Come work with me and get your hands dirty with a never-ending supply of NASA data! We're hiring a visualizer with skills in…Tweeted 3 hours ago
- RT @SanGasso: @AGU_EOS just published our report on the #highlatitudedust meeting in Iceland eos.org/meeting-report… @TThorsteins @HLCCD…Tweeted 13 hours ago
- RT @AGUecohydro: Post Doc at University of Copenhagen - explore new techniques & methods to improve mapping of vegetation, surface roughne…Tweeted 1 day ago
Blogs I Follow