*TENURE TRACK POSITION IN HYDROLOGY/SURFACE PROCESSES*
The Department of Geological Sciences at
Indiana University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position
in hydrology or surface processes at the rank of Assistant Professor.
Applicants’ areas of research expertise may include, but are not limited
to: fluid processes within the critical zone, surface and groundwater flow,
catchment-scale hydrology, landscape evolution, physical surface processes
on earth and other planets, tectonic geomorphology, computational modeling
in any of these fields and the study of their connections to global
climate. We seek individuals whose research complements one or more of our
strengths in sedimentation and stratigraphy, near-surface processes and
environmental geosciences, geophysics and tectonics, geochemistry, and
atmospheric sciences. Our departmental research and teaching resources
include a premiere Geologic Field Station
and the instrumented Willow Creek Watershed
in Montana, extensive
analytical instrumentation, GIS and remote sensing facilities, coupled with
exceptional campus infrastructure for high performance computin
g, and engagement with the Integrated
Program for the Environment . Successful
candidates, who must hold a PhD degree by the time of appointment, are
expected to develop a strong, collaborative, externally funded program, to
supervise research by graduate and undergraduate students, and to teach
both undergraduate and graduate courses in their fields of expertise.
Please submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, statements of teaching
and research interests, the names and email addresses of three individuals
willing to provide reference letters, and electronic copies of up to five
relevant publications. General inquiries should be addressed to email@example.com and specific questions should be referred to the
Chair of the Search Committee, Professor Simon Brassell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications should be completed online via http://ift.tt/1eGrqyF.
Review of applications will begin November 1, 2015, and continue until the
position is filled.
Indiana University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer;
women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
- RT @yourdistinctive: Today is #SquirrelAppreciationDay, dont forget about the other 364 days 🐿️ & our other #wildlife friends 🐾🦉🦅🦆🐘🐅🐬🐳🐞🦋🐝🦌… 7 hours ago
- RT @washingtonpost: Interior Department banned from Twitter after retweet of smaller-than-usual Trump inauguration crowd https://t.co/LqPEc… 14 hours ago
- RT @rschott: With @Interior accounts, including @USGS, banned from @Twitter, this would be a very bad time for a natural disaster to befall… 14 hours ago
- @Mark_SmithW @glacio_cook @bedform Ah ok - thanks! 14 hours ago
- @glacio_cook quick question for BSG ECR grant - do you know what is meant by started academic career? Is that post-doc, or lecturer pos? 1 day ago
- [ECOLOG-L] NEON Job Opening-D03-FL Field Technician I- Instrumentation (Limnology secondary emphasis)
- [Met-jobs] Job Vacancy – Postdoctoral position in Regional Earth System Modeling at UCLA
- [Caglist] Visiting Fellowship – University of Otago
- [Met-jobs] Tenure-track Faculty Position at the University of Arizona (USA)
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Faculty Position in Earth, Ocean and Environmental Sciences education
- 33,421 hits