Postdoctoral fellow in atmospheric modeling
with a focus on bio-aerosolsand clouds
Department of Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science, Lund
Closing date: 24 February 2016.
The work will involve numerical modelling and laboratory
•Samples of bio-aerosols from Brazil will be analysed in our
laboratories with microbiological and molecular-biological
•Our cloud models will be improved so as to resolve the ice-nucleus
and cloud-condensation nucleus (CCN) activity of each type of PBAPs.
•Individual clouds will be simulated by our aerosol-cloud models,
analysis of the effects from the various types of PBAPs.
•Amazonian mesoscale convective systems will be studied in the same
Scientists with a strong background in numerical modeling, with
knowledge of mesoscale meteorology, are encouraged to apply.
must have a BSc degree in Physics or Biology, in addition to the PhD
degree in Meteorology.
Candidates must have experience with programming languages in a UNIX
environment, such as FORTRAN or C.
Additionally, candidates must have examined proficiency, preferably
their university education, in:- (1) biology and laboratory
experimentation; (2) mathematics, especially calculus; (3) numerical
methods and/or computer programming; and (4) physical meteorology
Experience would be advantageous in optical or electron microscopy.
Examined proficiency in microbiology would be advantageous.
In their applications, candidates should provide evidence for how
meet these requirements.
This position is a qualifying appointment focused on research, with
intention to be an initial career step.
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and
experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength
For more details contact Vaughan Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be made by:
- [Met-jobs] Marine Weather Risk Communicator (Weathernews Europe)
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Physical Geography (Coastal Environments or Glaciology)
- [Met-jobs] PhD position – North Atlantic Ocean modeling
- [Met-jobs] PhD, Program in Geophysics, Bologna
- [Met-jobs] JPL Postdoc Position in GNSS-R Data Analysis
- 51,932 hits
- RT @FluvialBenthos: New paper! Creed et al. (2018) Global change‐driven effects on dissolved organic matter composition @GlobalChangeBio ".…Tweeted 5 hours ago
- RT @infobeautiful: How science treated its biggest mavericks and heretics was, in hindsight, really kind of shabby. bit.ly/2Fxe4un…Tweeted 13 hours ago
- RT @ReseauQES: Poste d'assistant(e) professeur(e) en Hydrogéologie à l'Université du Nouveau-Brunswick (Fredericton) - rqes https://t.co/wm…Tweeted 17 hours ago
- RT @SaraBasart: The 2nd ITC #COSTInDust Conference Grant Call is open until 30 April. More information cost-indust.eu/grants/itc-con… https://t.co…Tweeted 17 hours ago
- Still using the winter bike! I was hoping to get a bit of spring before field work in the Yukon at the end of the… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…Tweeted 18 hours ago
Blogs I Follow