Postdoctoral fellow in atmospheric modeling
with a focus on bio-aerosolsand clouds
Department of Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science, Lund
Closing date: 24 February 2016.
The work will involve numerical modelling and laboratory
•Samples of bio-aerosols from Brazil will be analysed in our
laboratories with microbiological and molecular-biological
•Our cloud models will be improved so as to resolve the ice-nucleus
and cloud-condensation nucleus (CCN) activity of each type of PBAPs.
•Individual clouds will be simulated by our aerosol-cloud models,
analysis of the effects from the various types of PBAPs.
•Amazonian mesoscale convective systems will be studied in the same
Scientists with a strong background in numerical modeling, with
knowledge of mesoscale meteorology, are encouraged to apply.
must have a BSc degree in Physics or Biology, in addition to the PhD
degree in Meteorology.
Candidates must have experience with programming languages in a UNIX
environment, such as FORTRAN or C.
Additionally, candidates must have examined proficiency, preferably
their university education, in:- (1) biology and laboratory
experimentation; (2) mathematics, especially calculus; (3) numerical
methods and/or computer programming; and (4) physical meteorology
Experience would be advantageous in optical or electron microscopy.
Examined proficiency in microbiology would be advantageous.
In their applications, candidates should provide evidence for how
meet these requirements.
This position is a qualifying appointment focused on research, with
intention to be an initial career step.
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and
experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength
For more details contact Vaughan Phillips at email@example.com
Applications can be made by:
- RT @DustStormNews: Shoenfelt et al.,SciAdv: High particulate iron(II) content in glacial dusts enhances productivity of model diatom https:… 12 hours ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2s687NG [ES_JOBS_NET] Executive Secretary, Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Programme (AMAP) Working Group 1 day ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2t0w2TI [ES_JOBS_NET] Please post: Stable Isotope Lab Position UC Riverside 2 days ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2sm2D4s [ES_JOBS_NET] VISITING ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, University of Wisconsin Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences 5 days ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2sJAo0x [Caglist] Brock University – Limited Term Lecturer or Assistant Professor in Physical Geography and Environm… 5 days ago
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Executive Secretary, Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Programme (AMAP) Working Group
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Please post: Stable Isotope Lab Position UC Riverside
- [ES_JOBS_NET] VISITING ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, University of Wisconsin Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
- [Caglist] Brock University – Limited Term Lecturer or Assistant Professor in Physical Geography and Environmental Geography
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Visiting Assistant Professor position in Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences at UW-Madison
- 36,588 hits
Blogs I Follow