Postdoctoral fellow in atmospheric modeling
with a focus on bio-aerosolsand clouds
Department of Physical Geography and Ecosystem Science, Lund
Closing date: 24 February 2016.
The work will involve numerical modelling and laboratory
•Samples of bio-aerosols from Brazil will be analysed in our
laboratories with microbiological and molecular-biological
•Our cloud models will be improved so as to resolve the ice-nucleus
and cloud-condensation nucleus (CCN) activity of each type of PBAPs.
•Individual clouds will be simulated by our aerosol-cloud models,
analysis of the effects from the various types of PBAPs.
•Amazonian mesoscale convective systems will be studied in the same
Scientists with a strong background in numerical modeling, with
knowledge of mesoscale meteorology, are encouraged to apply.
must have a BSc degree in Physics or Biology, in addition to the PhD
degree in Meteorology.
Candidates must have experience with programming languages in a UNIX
environment, such as FORTRAN or C.
Additionally, candidates must have examined proficiency, preferably
their university education, in:- (1) biology and laboratory
experimentation; (2) mathematics, especially calculus; (3) numerical
methods and/or computer programming; and (4) physical meteorology
Experience would be advantageous in optical or electron microscopy.
Examined proficiency in microbiology would be advantageous.
In their applications, candidates should provide evidence for how
meet these requirements.
This position is a qualifying appointment focused on research, with
intention to be an initial career step.
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and
experiences. We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength
For more details contact Vaughan Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be made by:
- RT @JJVenky: *New* Tier II Canada Research Chair in Remote Sensing of Environmental Change in Cold Regions in my dept @Laurier https://t.co… 18 hours ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2luJXx0 Visiting Assistant Professor of Geology 23 hours ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2lXVSRd [ECOLOG-L] Seasonal position with USGS – Moab, Utah 23 hours ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2luLwLx [ECOLOG-L] Postdoc: Groundwater Ecohydrology with DHS in Reno 23 hours ago
- RT @SanGasso: Dust Storm this morning in C. Rivadavia in Patagonia, lots of ocean bound dust @imber_ipo @geotraces @DustStormNews @HLCCD @… 1 day ago
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Geology
- [ECOLOG-L] Seasonal position with USGS – Moab, Utah
- [ECOLOG-L] Postdoc: Groundwater Ecohydrology with DHS in Reno
- [ECOLOG-L] Job: Virginia Tech Director School of Plant and Environmental Sciences
- [ECOLOG-L] Tier II Canada Research Chair in Remote Sensing of Environmental Change in Cold Regions
- 34,022 hits