University of Northern British Columbia Geography Program Full-time Term Geography Lecturerhttp://www.geog.uvic.ca/dept/cag/jobs.htm#L1158
The University of Northern British Columbia and the Geography
Program invite applications for a one-year term position to teach
physical geography courses in the Fall 2016 and Winter 2017
semesters. The expected start date is August 1, 2016.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of up
to 21 Semester Contact Hours of instruction in physical geography.
The exact suite and nature of the courses will depend on the
applicant and their qualifications. We are especially interested in
a candidate who could teach at least three of the following courses:
– Environments and People – Natural Hazards (GEOG 100)
– Theory and Practice of Physical Geography (GEOG 111)
– Geomorphology (GEOG 210)
– Sedimentology (GEOG 320)
– Quaternary and Surficial Geology (GEOG 411)
Applications for this position should hold an MSc or PhD in physical
geography, earth science or an equivalent area of expertise.
Previous experience in teaching both lecture and laboratory courses
at the undergraduate level is preferred, and applicants are
encouraged to provide evidence of excellence in teaching.
Ranked as one of Canada’s best small universities, the University of
Northern British Columbia is a research intensive university with an
enrollment of over 3500 students in more than 40 undergraduate and
graduate academic programs. UNBC offers a modern and attractive
campus, and a wonderful setting in the heart of British Columbia.
For more information about living and working in Prince George
please visit http://ift.tt/227haL4. For more information on the
Geography Program at UNBC see http://ift.tt/1pAu06D.
Applicants should forward their cover letter, curriculum vitae and
the names and addresses of three references (including telephone,
fax, and email information) quoting competition #FAGE03-16-CGA to:
The Office of the Provost
University of Northern British Columbia
3333 University Way
Prince George, B.C., V2N 4Z9
Please direct inquiries to: Dr. Catherine Nolin, Chair of Geography,
at Telephone: (250)960-5875, Email: Catherine.Nolin@unbc.ca.
Electronic submissions of CVs can be forwarded to:
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians
and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of
Northern British Columbia is committed to employment equity and
encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with
disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Applications received on or before March 31, 2016, will receive full
consideration; however, applications will be accepted until the
position is filled.
- RT @DrGaryHaq: Filthy air' prompts 'very high' pollution alert for London bbc.com/news/uk-englan… #breathelife 10 hours ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2kfSGPh [ES_JOBS_NET] Professor and Chair Position in Geological and Atmospheric Sciences, Iowa State University 1 day ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2iS3d78 [ES_JOBS_NET] Postdoctoral Research Associate in Isotope Geochemistry, University of Washington 1 day ago
- RT @yourdistinctive: Today is #SquirrelAppreciationDay, dont forget about the other 364 days 🐿️ & our other #wildlife friends 🐾🦉🦅🦆🐘🐅🐬🐳🐞🦋🐝🦌… 2 days ago
- RT @washingtonpost: Interior Department banned from Twitter after retweet of smaller-than-usual Trump inauguration crowd https://t.co/LqPEc… 2 days ago
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Professor and Chair Position in Geological and Atmospheric Sciences, Iowa State University
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Postdoctoral Research Associate in Isotope Geochemistry, University of Washington
- [ECOLOG-L] NEON Job Opening-D03-FL Field Technician I- Instrumentation (Limnology secondary emphasis)
- [Met-jobs] Job Vacancy – Postdoctoral position in Regional Earth System Modeling at UCLA
- [Caglist] Visiting Fellowship – University of Otago
- 33,457 hits