University of Northern British Columbia Geography Program Full-time Term Geography Lecturerhttp://www.geog.uvic.ca/dept/cag/jobs.htm#L1158
The University of Northern British Columbia and the Geography
Program invite applications for a one-year term position to teach
physical geography courses in the Fall 2016 and Winter 2017
semesters. The expected start date is August 1, 2016.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of up
to 21 Semester Contact Hours of instruction in physical geography.
The exact suite and nature of the courses will depend on the
applicant and their qualifications. We are especially interested in
a candidate who could teach at least three of the following courses:
– Environments and People – Natural Hazards (GEOG 100)
– Theory and Practice of Physical Geography (GEOG 111)
– Geomorphology (GEOG 210)
– Sedimentology (GEOG 320)
– Quaternary and Surficial Geology (GEOG 411)
Applications for this position should hold an MSc or PhD in physical
geography, earth science or an equivalent area of expertise.
Previous experience in teaching both lecture and laboratory courses
at the undergraduate level is preferred, and applicants are
encouraged to provide evidence of excellence in teaching.
Ranked as one of Canada’s best small universities, the University of
Northern British Columbia is a research intensive university with an
enrollment of over 3500 students in more than 40 undergraduate and
graduate academic programs. UNBC offers a modern and attractive
campus, and a wonderful setting in the heart of British Columbia.
For more information about living and working in Prince George
please visit http://ift.tt/227haL4. For more information on the
Geography Program at UNBC see http://ift.tt/1pAu06D.
Applicants should forward their cover letter, curriculum vitae and
the names and addresses of three references (including telephone,
fax, and email information) quoting competition #FAGE03-16-CGA to:
The Office of the Provost
University of Northern British Columbia
3333 University Way
Prince George, B.C., V2N 4Z9
Please direct inquiries to: Dr. Catherine Nolin, Chair of Geography,
at Telephone: (250)960-5875, Email: Catherine.Nolin@unbc.ca.
Electronic submissions of CVs can be forwarded to:
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians
and permanent residents will be given priority. The University of
Northern British Columbia is committed to employment equity and
encourages applications from women, aboriginal peoples, persons with
disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Applications received on or before March 31, 2016, will receive full
consideration; however, applications will be accepted until the
position is filled.
- Patrick Saylor: Denali ice core with sub millimeter resolution (seasonal) for the last 1500 year record (corr w loc… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 8 hours ago
- Bess Koffman discussing synthetic circulation recorded by dust in the Siple Dome ice core and a abrupt shift in the… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 8 hours ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2rzAN5n [ES_JOBS_NET] 3 Lecturer Positions Geology/Env. Science – SUNY Plattsburgh Center for Earth and Environmenta… 10 hours ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2qfJjlZ 2x Lectureships in Physical Geography – University of Liverpool 10 hours ago
- RT @HLCCD: Wrapping up the session, we are in Patagonia with James Hopper looking at fertilisation of the southern ocean #hlccd https://t.c… 11 hours ago
- [ES_JOBS_NET] 3 Lecturer Positions Geology/Env. Science – SUNY Plattsburgh Center for Earth and Environmental Science
- 2x Lectureships in Physical Geography – University of Liverpool
- [Caglist] McGill University, Computational Landscape Ecology Lab: Funded PhD Position Available
- Postdoctoral Position in Ecogeomorphology of Mountain River Archetypes in California
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Wind Resource Characterization Lead Researcher, NREL, Colorado
- 35,931 hits
Blogs I Follow