The University at Albany is seeking a post-doctoral research
associated with research interests in hurricane forecasting and
prediction. The research supported by this award will be directed
toward developing new methods of introducing model uncertainty into
the Hurricane Weather Research and Forecasting (HWRF) ensemble
Candidates should hold a PhD in atmospheric science or related
discipline, conferred within the last three years, from a college or
university accredited by the U.S Dept. of Education or an
internationally recognized accrediting organization, have experience
using numerical weather prediction models, and have the ability to
work independently. Ideal candidates would have some experience
with the HWRF modeling system; however, any modeling experience is
Terms of appointment are for one (1) year, renewable for one
additional year, subject to satisfactory performance. All
applicants must address in their applications their ability to work
with a culturally diverse population.
Applicants are asked to submit electronically: (1) a curriculum
vitae, (2) a publication list, and (3) the names of three
individuals who can provide a letter of reference and (4) a
statement of professional interests to Ryan Torn (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The position will remain open until it is filled. Preference will
be given to applications that are received before 15 October.
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Full time lecturer position at IUPUI
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Future Earth Global Hub Director – Paris, France
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Geomicrobiology / Biocuration / Astrobiology / Medical Geology at NASA in Houston
- PhD position – Palaeoenvironments and Quaternary landscapes of eastern Indonesia
- [Met-jobs] PhD position in cloud optical properties parameterization, Toulouse, France
- 50,044 hits
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Blogs I Follow