- #jobs ift.tt/2pU6nat [ES_JOBS_NET] Assistant Professor Position Open – Earth-Life Interactions. UC Davis 10 hours ago
- RT @questlove: Science!! #MarchForScience @ Washington Monument National Monument instagram.com/p/BTMXb1FAvai/ 1 day ago
- #marchforscience #Montreal https://t.co/OLcrlzXR9S 1 day ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2pNySX0 [ES_JOBS_NET] Job Opening – Atmospheric Data Scientist and Programmer, OneRain, Colorado 2 days ago
- ICYMI: Analysis of an optical gate device for measuring aeolian sand movement - aka a cheaper & better Wenglor! sciencedirect.com/science/articl… 2 days ago
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Assistant Professor Position Open – Earth-Life Interactions. UC Davis
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Job Opening – Atmospheric Data Scientist and Programmer, OneRain, Colorado
- [Met-jobs] Postdoc position in glacier modeling at the U. of Bremen, Germany
- [Caglist] 2 year, contract limited Human-Environment Geography at University of Guelph
- [ES_JOBS_NET] NCAR Scientist I Job Opening
- 35,382 hits
Blogs I Follow
Faculty Position in Stable Isotope (Bio)geochemistry or Ecology – UC Merced
Open Rank Faculty Position in Stable Isotope (Bio)geochemistry or Ecology
School of Natural Sciences – Life And Environmental Sciences
Open September 26th, 2016 through June 30th, 2017
Open Rank Faculty position in Stable Isotope (Bio)Geochemistry or Ecology
Schools of Natural Sciences
The University of California Merced invites applications for an open rank faculty position in stable isotope (bio)geochemistry or ecology. Successful candidates should have a record of accomplishment including a productive and nationally/internationally visible research program in stable isotope (bio)geochemistry or ecology. We will consider candidates in a broad range of research areas, including but not limited to: geosciences, biological sciences, and chemistry. We particularly welcome candidates with established records in stable isotope research and development of applications that have led to significant scientific advancements across a range of environmental science disciplines.
The successful candidate must have a strong publication record and have demonstrated the potential to develop and support an independent, innovative research program and to engage in interdisciplinary collaboration with life, earth, and environmental scientists across the University of California, Merced community. Applicants must be able to teach and train students effectively at both graduate and undergraduate levels.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to direct a recently established light stable isotope laboratory that includes two ThermoFisher Delta V Plus isotope ratio mass spectrometers, each with Conflo IV interfaces, and collectors for CNHOS isotopes; and peripheral devices including a TCEA and a GC Isolink with RSH autosampler equipped for CNH isotope measurements, along with a Costech elemental analyzer with a zero blank autosampler. The successful candidate will be affiliated with the Life and Environmental Sciences Unit, in the School of Natural Sciences at UC Merced.
Minimum Qualifications: Ph.D. in a field relevant to the topics of interest indicated above is required by the start date. In addition, preferred candidates will have broad interests, a record of research excellence and creativity, and the potential for interdisciplinary collaboration.
Deadline: Position will remain open till filled; consideration of applications will start on January 1, 2017
Salary is commensurate with education, experience, and UC academic salary scales.
The University of California, Merced is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of diversity among its faculty, students and staff. The University is supportive of dual career couples.
For more information, please contact chair, Professor Asmeret Asefaw Berhe at email@example.com.
REQUIRED MATERIALS FOR APPLICATION
Curriculum Vitae; Cover Letter; Statement of Research; Statement of Teaching; Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching, and/or service); and names and contact information for three references.
For more details and to submit applications visit https://aprecruit.ucmerced.edu/apply/JPF00398