A Ph.D. graduate research assistantship funded by the Department of Energy is available at the University of Arkansas beginning Fall 2017 for a project studying coastal sedimentology. Funding is presently available for four years.
The project, “Dynamics and Stratigraphy of Distributary Channel Networks” will investigate the initiation and evolution of distributary channel networks on river deltas, with the goal of predicting scales of heterogeneity in deltaic stratigraphy. The research will involve field work on modern deltas, modeling, and sub-surface analysis. A post-doc will also be working on the project, providing an opportunity for close collaboration.
The application deadline for fall admission is January 15, 2017. Well-qualified applicants will have a strong quantitative background. Programming experience in Matlab or other languages is also a plus. Applicants with a non-traditional background for geoscience (e.g. physics, applied mathematics, engineering) are also encouraged to apply. Potential applicants should contact John Shaw (email@example.com) for more details. See http://graduate- for more details on the application process, and http://ift.tt/2dNYHk3 available degree programs in our department.
- [Met-jobs] Funded PhD studentship at Lancaster Environment Centre
- Stockholm University PhD position – Mapping of Permafrost Landforms and Soils
- [Met-jobs] Space-Atmospheric Interaction – Post-Doc Opportunities
- [Fluxnet-Community] Postdoc Opportunity in UIUC: Modeling nitrogen and hydrological dynamics for U.S. agroecosystems
- [Met-jobs] Two Postdoctoral Research Associate Positions in Land Surface Modeling
- 45,819 hits
- RT @AGUecohydro: Post Doc at University of Copenhagen - explore new techniques & methods to improve mapping of vegetation, surface roughne…Tweeted 19 minutes ago
- RT @EarthSci_Jobs: #jobs ift.tt/2DRJf3E [Met-jobs] Tenure-track Faculty Position (Climatology) at Louisiana State University (USA)Tweeted 4 hours ago
- RT @DustStormNews: Kok et al., Nature Communications: Global and regional importance of the direct dust-climate feedback https://t.co/VmwhB…Tweeted 6 hours ago
- RT @globeandmail: Scientists urge Trudeau to restore or replace key climate research fund trib.al/jgIBsYcTweeted 10 hours ago
- RT @StephenRice15: 6 competitive PhD studentships up for grabs so shout if you have an ecogeomorphology idea & would like to work with @cra…Tweeted 1 day ago
Blogs I Follow