A Ph.D. graduate research assistantship funded by the Department of Energy is available at the University of Arkansas beginning Fall 2017 for a project studying coastal sedimentology. Funding is presently available for four years.
The project, “Dynamics and Stratigraphy of Distributary Channel Networks” will investigate the initiation and evolution of distributary channel networks on river deltas, with the goal of predicting scales of heterogeneity in deltaic stratigraphy. The research will involve field work on modern deltas, modeling, and sub-surface analysis. A post-doc will also be working on the project, providing an opportunity for close collaboration.
The application deadline for fall admission is January 15, 2017. Well-qualified applicants will have a strong quantitative background. Programming experience in Matlab or other languages is also a plus. Applicants with a non-traditional background for geoscience (e.g. physics, applied mathematics, engineering) are also encouraged to apply. Potential applicants should contact John Shaw (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more details. See http://graduate- for more details on the application process, and http://ift.tt/2dNYHk3 available degree programs in our department.
- #jobs ift.tt/2wT8cHc [ES_JOBS_NET] Assistant Professor – Late-Quaternary Climate Science 4 days ago
- RT @DustStormNews: Harley, @DrAeolus et al., EI: TransAtlantic Connections between N African Dust Flux & Tree Growth in Florida Keys http… 4 days ago
- See you later Canada! Off to field work we go, destination Namibia via @GobabebRSH and skeleton coast :D #dust https://t.co/D9vIbGpbOm 6 days ago
- That time your instruments arrive the day before you go into the field! :D -> :s Never leaving it that close aga… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- RT @ESA_EO: #RepublicOfBolivia: revisit saline Lake Poopó, once the 2nd largest and now fully evaporated: esa.int/spaceinimages/… @PROBAVe… 1 week ago
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Assistant Professor – Late-Quaternary Climate Science
- Post-doc: Geological applications of airborne LiDAR
- [Met-jobs] 3-year post doc position on “snowflake aerodynamics”
- [GilbertClub] Department Head Position at Penn State University
- [GilbertClub] two Physical Geography Teaching Fellow 2yr positions at King’s College London
- 37,469 hits
Blogs I Follow