A Ph.D. graduate research assistantship funded by the Department of Energy is available at the University of Arkansas beginning Fall 2017 for a project studying coastal sedimentology. Funding is presently available for four years.
The project, “Dynamics and Stratigraphy of Distributary Channel Networks” will investigate the initiation and evolution of distributary channel networks on river deltas, with the goal of predicting scales of heterogeneity in deltaic stratigraphy. The research will involve field work on modern deltas, modeling, and sub-surface analysis. A post-doc will also be working on the project, providing an opportunity for close collaboration.
The application deadline for fall admission is January 15, 2017. Well-qualified applicants will have a strong quantitative background. Programming experience in Matlab or other languages is also a plus. Applicants with a non-traditional background for geoscience (e.g. physics, applied mathematics, engineering) are also encouraged to apply. Potential applicants should contact John Shaw (email@example.com) for more details. See http://graduate- for more details on the application process, and http://ift.tt/2dNYHk3 available degree programs in our department.
- RT @DustStormNews: Shoenfelt et al.,SciAdv: High particulate iron(II) content in glacial dusts enhances productivity of model diatom https:… 2 days ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2s687NG [ES_JOBS_NET] Executive Secretary, Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Programme (AMAP) Working Group 3 days ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2t0w2TI [ES_JOBS_NET] Please post: Stable Isotope Lab Position UC Riverside 4 days ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2sm2D4s [ES_JOBS_NET] VISITING ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, University of Wisconsin Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences 6 days ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2sJAo0x [Caglist] Brock University – Limited Term Lecturer or Assistant Professor in Physical Geography and Environm… 1 week ago
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Executive Secretary, Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Programme (AMAP) Working Group
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Please post: Stable Isotope Lab Position UC Riverside
- [ES_JOBS_NET] VISITING ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, University of Wisconsin Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
- [Caglist] Brock University – Limited Term Lecturer or Assistant Professor in Physical Geography and Environmental Geography
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Visiting Assistant Professor position in Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences at UW-Madison
- 36,611 hits
Blogs I Follow