A Ph.D. graduate research assistantship funded by the Department of Energy is available at the University of Arkansas beginning Fall 2017 for a project studying coastal sedimentology. Funding is presently available for four years.
The project, “Dynamics and Stratigraphy of Distributary Channel Networks” will investigate the initiation and evolution of distributary channel networks on river deltas, with the goal of predicting scales of heterogeneity in deltaic stratigraphy. The research will involve field work on modern deltas, modeling, and sub-surface analysis. A post-doc will also be working on the project, providing an opportunity for close collaboration.
The application deadline for fall admission is January 15, 2017. Well-qualified applicants will have a strong quantitative background. Programming experience in Matlab or other languages is also a plus. Applicants with a non-traditional background for geoscience (e.g. physics, applied mathematics, engineering) are also encouraged to apply. Potential applicants should contact John Shaw (email@example.com) for more details. See http://graduate- for more details on the application process, and http://ift.tt/2dNYHk3 available degree programs in our department.
- #jobs ift.tt/2lJ9H8V [Met-jobs] Postdoctoral Position at the University of Arizona and Biosphere 2 19 hours ago
- RT @RemotePixel: Get Email notification for new Landsat or Sentinel images here : disasterwatch.remotepixel.ca/?event=5c08c55… twitter.com/_VincentS_/sta… 1 day ago
- RT @JJVenky: *New* Tier II Canada Research Chair in Remote Sensing of Environmental Change in Cold Regions in my dept @Laurier https://t.co… 3 days ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2luJXx0 Visiting Assistant Professor of Geology 4 days ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2lXVSRd [ECOLOG-L] Seasonal position with USGS – Moab, Utah 4 days ago
- [Met-jobs] Postdoctoral Position at the University of Arizona and Biosphere 2
- Visiting Assistant Professor of Geology
- [ECOLOG-L] Seasonal position with USGS – Moab, Utah
- [ECOLOG-L] Postdoc: Groundwater Ecohydrology with DHS in Reno
- [ECOLOG-L] Job: Virginia Tech Director School of Plant and Environmental Sciences
- 34,093 hits