A Ph.D. graduate research assistantship funded by the Department of Energy is available at the University of Arkansas beginning Fall 2017 for a project studying coastal sedimentology. Funding is presently available for four years.
The project, “Dynamics and Stratigraphy of Distributary Channel Networks” will investigate the initiation and evolution of distributary channel networks on river deltas, with the goal of predicting scales of heterogeneity in deltaic stratigraphy. The research will involve field work on modern deltas, modeling, and sub-surface analysis. A post-doc will also be working on the project, providing an opportunity for close collaboration.
The application deadline for fall admission is January 15, 2017. Well-qualified applicants will have a strong quantitative background. Programming experience in Matlab or other languages is also a plus. Applicants with a non-traditional background for geoscience (e.g. physics, applied mathematics, engineering) are also encouraged to apply. Potential applicants should contact John Shaw (email@example.com) for more details. See http://graduate- for more details on the application process, and http://ift.tt/2dNYHk3 available degree programs in our department.
- #jobs ift.tt/2pU6nat [ES_JOBS_NET] Assistant Professor Position Open – Earth-Life Interactions. UC Davis 10 hours ago
- RT @questlove: Science!! #MarchForScience @ Washington Monument National Monument instagram.com/p/BTMXb1FAvai/ 1 day ago
- #marchforscience #Montreal https://t.co/OLcrlzXR9S 1 day ago
- #jobs ift.tt/2pNySX0 [ES_JOBS_NET] Job Opening – Atmospheric Data Scientist and Programmer, OneRain, Colorado 2 days ago
- ICYMI: Analysis of an optical gate device for measuring aeolian sand movement - aka a cheaper & better Wenglor! sciencedirect.com/science/articl… 2 days ago
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Assistant Professor Position Open – Earth-Life Interactions. UC Davis
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Job Opening – Atmospheric Data Scientist and Programmer, OneRain, Colorado
- [Met-jobs] Postdoc position in glacier modeling at the U. of Bremen, Germany
- [Caglist] 2 year, contract limited Human-Environment Geography at University of Guelph
- [ES_JOBS_NET] NCAR Scientist I Job Opening
- 35,382 hits
Blogs I Follow