A Ph.D. graduate research assistantship funded by the Department of Energy is available at the University of Arkansas beginning Fall 2017 for a project studying coastal sedimentology. Funding is presently available for four years.
The project, “Dynamics and Stratigraphy of Distributary Channel Networks” will investigate the initiation and evolution of distributary channel networks on river deltas, with the goal of predicting scales of heterogeneity in deltaic stratigraphy. The research will involve field work on modern deltas, modeling, and sub-surface analysis. A post-doc will also be working on the project, providing an opportunity for close collaboration.
The application deadline for fall admission is January 15, 2017. Well-qualified applicants will have a strong quantitative background. Programming experience in Matlab or other languages is also a plus. Applicants with a non-traditional background for geoscience (e.g. physics, applied mathematics, engineering) are also encouraged to apply. Potential applicants should contact John Shaw (email@example.com) for more details. See http://graduate- for more details on the application process, and http://ift.tt/2dNYHk3 available degree programs in our department.
- [Met-jobs] Forecaster vacancy with excellent work-life balance
- [Met-jobs] Job Vacancy – Research Analyst at Willis Towers Watson
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Environmental Scientist/Engineer/Part-Time/On-Call/San Antonio or Houston, TX/RB, Tetra Tech, Inc
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Geoscience IT administrator (Scientist/Researcher III), ConocoPhillips School of Geology and Geophysics (CPSGG), University of Oklahoma
- [ES_JOBS_NET] Department of Geoscience – Temporary Faculty, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- 55,444 hits
- View for the next week! #France #Med #Grimaud https://t.co/2srZBxU1ruTweeted 4 days ago
- European workcation begins now! #sendhelp https://t.co/A7oEZ1bKtSTweeted 6 days ago
- RT @DustStormNews: Parajuli and Zender, AEOLIA: Projected changes in dust emissions and regional air quality due to the shrinking Salton Se…Tweeted 1 week ago
- Storms a comin' https://t.co/Uz72XS9xidTweeted 1 week ago
- RT @tomgillpredicts: Jackson et al., Remote Sens.: Using an Instrumented Drone to Probe Dust Devils on Oregon’s Alvord Desert https://t.co…Tweeted 1 week ago
Blogs I Follow