SAIC, Inc. has an opening for the following full-time position:
RESEARCH SCIENTIST/SOFTWARE ENGINEER – The NASA Land Information System (LIS;
http://ift.tt/2hODr00) team seeks a software engineer/research scientist to contribute to the development and maintenance of land surface models within LIS. The candidate is expected to lead the implementation of new land surface models, support of required
land surface parameters, benchmarking and model verification. The candidate should have experience in land surface hydrology and programming with Fortran.Qualifications:
– Master’s degree or Phd in atmospheric science, geophysics, hydrology or related discipline.
– Experience in building or working with different Earth system components, familiarity with technologies such as the Earth System Modeling Framework (ESMF) are highly desired.
– The candidate will also be responsible for the software management and development of the models within LIS. In this regard, experience with formal software development process, object oriented programming and knowledge of version control tools is desired.
– A good knowledge of working with satellite datasets is a considered plus.
– In addition to Fortran, proficiency with C language, Unix and multiprocessor environments and understanding of MPI is required.
– The individual will be encouraged to present results in peer-reviewed publications and scientific meetings.
– Experience in organizing meetings, project coordination, and writing and reviewing technical reports is also expected.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENT – successful applicant must be a US citizen, US permanent resident, or hold an active US work authorization.
Interested applicants should send an email and current CV to:
Robert Rosenberg, Program manager –