(Le français suit)
The CAG Awards Committee is seeking nominations for the Julian M. Szeicz Award for Early Career Achievement.
The Julian M. Szeicz Award honours the memory and achievement of Dr. Julian M. Szeicz (1965-1998). The award is presented annually by the Canadian Association of Geographers in recognition of research achievement and career potential by a Canadian geographer
at an early career stage. The purpose of the award is to foster the development of geographical studies of Canada and to provide recognition of recently established geographical practitioners.
See the list of previous award recipients.
1. The award recognizes research achievement and career potential in Canadian geography. This may take the form of an original synthesis or regional study, a conceptual development, a significant research advance in a subfield of geography, or the development
of a technique.
2. The recipient of the award must be:
– A member of the Canadian Association of Geographers, prior to the time of nomination;
– A Canadian citizen or landed immigrant;
– Within eight years of graduation, normally from a PhD, but in exceptional circumstances from a Master’s or Bachelor’s programme, on December 31 of the year of the award.
Recommendations for the award are made to the CAG Executive by the CAG Awards Committee.
Nominations are to be made in a letter to the Chair of the CAG Awards Committee and signed by two members of the CAG. The letter of support should identify the nominee’s research achievement and explain why it is considered significant. The letter of support,
nominee’s current CV and supporting materials (30 pages max.) should be sent as an e-mail attachment to the CAG office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
January 31, 2019
The award winner is invited, expenses paid, to receive the award at the Annual Meeting of the CAG, to be held in Winnipeg, Manitoba (May 27-31, 2019).